I had already covered all the basic things such as: I even went as far as completely emptying the body of the handler to see that in fact the event was firing twice.As with any problem, I always try to resolve it through the process of elimination by first isolating the core issue into a test project and therefore out of the primary project I’m experiencing it in because sometimes you can’t see the forest because of the trees. After creating the simple project, the problem was still there. The event wasn’t firing twice for the same list, it was firing for ALL Lists. I took another look at my event receiver I had added via Visual Studio to the project. Yes, I had left the file for the Event Receiver there, and therefore when the feature was activated for the project, the receiver got associated to ALL lists on the site. uri=spotify:artist:4Kfw TCNq T3g Xele8WP3s5b&size=detail&theme=light So for the past week or so I’ve had this looming issue hanging over my head that I would try to nail down in-between other issues that I swear was going to be the death of me.I knew whatever it was had to be something really simple that I kept overlooking and something that, when I finally figured it out, would be quite .We’ll start with binding data to the Grid View, then build up functionality from there.
Then you can check if it exists, and if so, is it set to true.
I’ve got an event handler on a Share Point list that’s fairly long running, and this then raised a question in the office – do these settings control event firing for the currently running event handler, or for the entire list? A quick check on twitter suggested the same – that it was the thread (thanks @Chris O_Brien).
The setting (Disable Event Firing in 2007 and Event Firing Enabled in 2010) must be for the current event handler; if it was the entire list there’d be all sorts of timing issues and weirdness, and a thousand developers would already have screamed in agony.
Even a simple app to enumerate the event receivers associated to the list only showed the one instance. Well, I had moved on to other things again, when all of a sudden, I noticed that new tasks were being created in the task list for some documents that I was uploading to a different document library. That’s pretty much the symptom for a receiver associated to a list template, but this was NOT a list template! It wasn’t going to show up in the Event Receivers collection for that list instance, because it was associated to the list type.
When I added it to the list instance, it just caused the event to fire twice on THAT list.